Thursday, May 18, 2023

Eat Pray Love

This post was early 2012. The Movie with this title is pretty popular and because I like the book better than the movie, I read the book first. I wasn't disappointed. So here are my thoughts. I have been reading the book lately, I can't put it down and yet sometimes I need to. It is the single most powerful book on healing I have read. Here is an excerpt: "Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face first and full speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the maening of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our soul, our belief would not be a leap of faith and it would not be a courageous act of humanity: it would be...a prudent insurance policy." "I'm tired of being a skeptic, I'm irritated by the spiritual prudence and I feel bored and parched by the empirical debate. I don't want to hear it anymore. I couldn't care less about evidence and proof and assurances. I just want God. I want God inside me. I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on water." It completely unhinges me how every religious person thinks they have the answer and it is their job to tell everyone else they are wrong. Mind your own business let us all find God for ourselves. Besidees isn't it the most intimate personal relationship you can have? You are NOT invited anymore. I want to think and believe all for myself. Who doesn't? I get so caught up in the thick of thin things. I am going to take some time to pull myself together and do just that. Think for myself. I do love to meditate, I love to eat, and I love to love. But how it all makes life more beautiful and peaceful and work all at the same time, I don't know yet. Maybe life isn't supposed to work. Maybe it is just supposed to be whatever it is. So do I move, do I learn, do I grow? I don't know if I am supposed to do any of those things. But I am going to because that is what makes me smile, laugh and sing. That is what makes the sun warm and the rain clean the air and the ocean `inspire and ground me all at the same time, and the desert blooms kiss my heart like a butterfly lighting on a daisy, action, movement. That is the way I want my life to be. So that is what I am going for. Is connecting to God the answer? Is that all there is to the process? "Be Still and know that I AM God!" In the meantime there will be trials, pain and heartache. Shit will happen. But I think that is part of the whole lfe experience and how unimaginative of God to be so boring not to include it. I love it. I am embracing it, just today, right now, in this very moment. Tomorrow when the rain comes who knows, all this enlightenment might fall around me. The fun part is that I can get it back again, and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment